Eagle’s Nest Preschool is a ministry of St. John’s Lutheran Church. We’re located at 901 W Jefferson Av in Effingham, IL. Our phone number is (217) 342.4334.
The purpose of Eagle’s Nest Preschool is to provide a safe and nurturing Christian educational experience, while promoting Christian family values and spiritual growth for children. Our preschool is fully licensed, and is open to anyone from any church background interested in Christian education for their child. We are proudly celebrating our 15th anniversary this year.
Some highlights of our program are:
- Monthly Themes – change centers, toys and equipment with each new theme
- Colors, shapes, numbers, letters, science, math, social studies, reading, language and art are coordinated with the theme
- 3 year curriculum (27 different monthly themes) so children can attend consecutive years with no repetition
- Daily schedule alternates quiet and active play, small and large group interaction, and hands on learning activities
- Routine includes circle time, free play, art, “Jesus” time, gym time, snacks, music and movement and story time
- Free play centers available daily include: sand/water table, play-doh, art easel, light table, blocks and building toys, cognitive and manipulative toys, puzzles, writing center, science center, computers, library, housekeeping, dress-up area, imaginative play, and puppets
- Daily art projects encourage creativity and freedom of expression through a variety of media
- Religion curriculum includes 1 Bible story each month with accompanying lessons and application
- Christian morals, values, beliefs and behavior are interwoven throughout every preschool session
- Daily large muscle play with tricycles, wagons, scooters and climbing structures in our large gymnasium
- Music and movement daily, also rhythm instruments, rhythm sticks and bean bags
- Parents provide snack and drink 4 – 6 times per year
- Holiday parties with a Christian emphasis – Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, Valentines and Easter – families invited!
- Special monthly opportunities – field trips and/or visitors, trips to our own church library, book club and software club orders, Star of the Week, birthdays and more!
- Monthly newsletters, snack lists, and calendars to help parents stay informed
- Parent-teacher conferences twice a year, with testing in the Spring
- Parents are NOT required to volunteer, but are invited and encouraged to help on snack days, trips and parties.
If you cannot find answers to your questions on our site, don’t hesitate to call or email us. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
Eagle’s Nest Preschool does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, scholarships, or any other school administered programs.